If you like original decor for decorating greeting cards, photo albums or boxes, then try to master this type of needlework, like DIY ribbon flowers.
A master class on making such cute little things will help you not only master the technology of this business. It will help you turn on your imagination and learn how to create your own exclusive models.
DIY ribbon flowers - a master class in pictures
The advantage of the tape over other materials is that it does not require time to cut the workpiece from the fabric and process the edge of the strip (for example, using a candle flame). In addition, a huge variety of colors, textures and sizes of finished ribbons, which can be purchased in specialized stores, gives unlimited scope for the imagination of the craftswoman.
• Prepare a ribbon about 5cm wide. Make a markup with a ruler.Make marks with a pen or chalk every 5 cm. On the opposite side - in a checkerboard pattern.
• Take a needle and thread a long double thread (for a strong connection) into it.
• Sew along the marking in a zigzag pattern from one side of the ribbon to the other, using basting stitches. As you work, stop periodically to collect the frill. This makes the process easier.
• Assembly: gradually spiral and secure all the petals with a thread. On the reverse side, stitch the flowers securely.
From ribbons with your own hands (the master class showed only the basics of this needlework), you can create other options.
The diameter and volume of the decoration depends on the length you chose at the beginning of your work.
How to make flowers from thin ribbons?
Such cute jewelry will be useful for children's clothes, hairpins and hoops for little fashionistas. Please note that for these accessories, a thin grosgrain ribbon is used in two different patterns, but made in the same color scheme. The middle of the flower can be closed either by a beautiful button, or a crystal, or a finished textile decoration. Such a lovely flower needs to be glued on a blank (clip) for a hairpin.
For schoolgirls you canoffer another option. Flowers from nylon ribbons will look like small bows for braids. Their advantage is that you don't have to tie them over and over again every time you need to dress up in class - these bows are always ready to use. They are very easy to make:
• You need to cut 4 blanks of the same length of about 16-20 cm (depending on the desired size of the flower).
• Using glue, connect the ends of each ribbon to make a ring. • Now make figure-eights out of these elements and fasten them with glue in the center area.
• Glue all the pieces as shown in the photo to make flowers.
You can make a lot of beautiful elements from ribbons with your own hands (the master class helps all beginners). If you increase the number of details or use more different shades of material, you can achieve unexpected results. The flower will be more magnificent and original. And if you use ribbons of different widths? Experiment with ribbons - and you will get great aesthetic pleasure.