Today, various types of needlework are very popular, and sewing occupies a strong niche among lovers of manual applied labor.
The subject of our conversation is sundresses. How to sew such clothes yourself, without special knowledge and skills? Let's try to consider the simplest options for sewing sundresses according to the method of creating transforming dresses, the manufacturing process of which takes no more than an hour.
Sundresses: how to sew without skills?
Stock up with the necessary tools:
- flexible centimeter;
- sewing machine.
First of all, you should arm yourself with measurements of the figure on which you want to sew our product. It is enough to remove the girth of the bust and waist, the length of the skirt from the waist to the bottom. And that's probably all.
Unpretentious sundresses. How to sew quickly and easily?
Let's build the most primitive base - a skirt, two stripes for the chest and one for the waist.
Let's start by building a flared skirt. It is based on the sun. Take a piece of fabric and cut out a square with sides (S), their length is calculated using the following formula:
S=2D skirts + 2R.
Such different sundresses… How to sew an outfit based on a sun skirt
- Fold a piece of fabric in four. From one corner of the resulting square, draw a quarter of a circle, which is equal to the radius of the notch of the waist R.
- From the resulting line, set aside one more quarter of a circle with a radius that is equal to the length of the skirt (D skirt).
- Cut out the workpiece in circles.
- We will process the bottom of the skirt with an overlock or sew on a knitted trim or any braid, lace to choose from. You can simply tuck the edge and hem it, or zigzag on a sewing machine, choosing a small stitch and stretching the fabric. You will get a twisted edge.
- Cut out a strip of fabric equal in length to the waist circumference + 2-3 cm and 6 cm wide.
- We cut two long belts with which we will cover the chest and back. Their length can be arbitrary, but not less than 80 cm. More - as much as you like, how much fabric is enough. Width - about 20 centimeters for each. You can cut 40-centimeter ones, fold them in half lengthwise, sew them into tubes and turn them out. Thenyou will have a finished part with closed cuts. If the fabric is not thick, then this is the best option.
- Then they will need to be ironed so that the sewing seam of the tube remains under the front side. With this stitch, the strip will be applied directly to the body.
- Making the top part of the sundress. Both stripes in the already completed form are sewn to the belt of the skirt from the inside, close to each other. The free ends will be thrown behind the neck and already on the back randomly intersect with each other in various combinations.
Another way to sew a sundress without a pattern
Take two identical large square silk scarves. Sew along the two edges of these scarves, laid out diagonally. Leave two small corners unstitched to the end. The height of the corners should be equal to the depth of the desired neckline from the shoulder to the chest cavity. Do the same on the opposite side. You should get a cone - wide corners of scarves at the bottom at the hem and 2 corners at the top. As auxiliary accessories, use two straps that are sewn to the corners from above. With their help, you will tie the straps of the received sundress. Either behind the neck or on one shoulder diagonally.
It turned out amazingly beautiful, bright, unusual outfit. Now you know exactly how to sew a sundress yourself, without having any special education or rich sewing experience!