Table of contents:
- Preparatory stage
- Sketch image
- The main part is buildingpatterns
- Sleeves - pattern making
- Tunic without pattern
A tunic is a very fashionable, beautiful and comfortable piece of clothing, sometimes it is not possible to find a suitable variant of it. And then the creative young ladies decide to independently implement their idea. However, without detailed instructions, only a few can cope with the task. Therefore, in this article we will talk about how to build a tunic pattern and sew a thing with your own hands.
Experienced needlewomen often share tips with beginners. They note that at first you should not sew various things from very thin, loose and crumbling fabric. This is because it needs to be processed using an overlocker or other tools that a beginner does not always have.
It is best to draw a tunic pattern on a knitted, cotton or linen fabric. In this case, you can choose absolutely any color, there are no strict recommendations regarding this nuance. And it is also worth noting that scissors are required to implement the conceived product,a piece of chalk, a long ruler, special pins, a tape measure, a piece of paper, a pencil, a needle and thread, and a sewing machine.
To build the right tunic pattern, it is extremely important to correctly measure the model that will wear the finished product. To do this, take a centimeter tape, pencil and paper. We ask the beautiful lady to undress to her underwear. Then we proceed to measure the following parameters:
- chest or hips (choose the largest value);
- product length;
- armhole start point;
- neck girth (measured at the base);
- sleeve length subject to availability.
Experienced needlewomen give beginners this advice: before you start building a tunic pattern, you should outline a model on a piece of paper. In this case, the desired wardrobe item does not need to be drawn in full size. Our task is to prepare a scheme by which we will navigate. Therefore, we draw our idea. If desired, we decorate it with colored pencils, pens or felt-tip pens.
After we add 2-2.5 centimeters to the previously taken parameters - allowances for seams. And also adjust the size of your idea. After all, the tunic is conceived as a loose, straight dress of short length. However, remember that if we increase the width of the main canvas, we reduce the length of the sleeves. Otherwise, you can create an outfit that resembles a Pierrot costume.
The main part is buildingpatterns
It is not difficult to cut and sew a tunic with your own hands. To do this, we offer detailed and step-by-step instructions. It begins with the construction of a pattern of the intended product:
- We take a piece of fabric that fits the desired size.
- Fold in half, forming a rectangle, which you want to spread out on a flat, smooth surface and fasten with pins. So that in the process of work the material does not slip and does not go astray.
- First of all, set aside the length of the product, just outline the top and bottom points.
- After we mark half of the girth of the chest or hips. We also do this with dots.
- Connect the dots by drawing a rectangle of the desired size.
- Measure the distance from the bottom edge to the armpit. And on both sides we outline the starting point of the armhole.
- Exactly in the middle of the upper side of the rectangle, mark a distance equal to 1/2 of the girth of the neck. This is the gate.
Sleeves - pattern making
On the pattern of the main part, measure the depth of the armhole - from the shoulder to the armpit, multiply by two and set aside the width of the sleeve. Next, note the length. And finally, we connect the marked points, drawing a figure of the desired size.
Having carried out simple manipulations, we finish building a pattern of a beach tunic, home or ceremonial weekend. Then we cut out the product and assemble it, leaving holes for the arms and head, which then need to be framed with a satin ribbon to hide the ugly edge.
Tunic without pattern
Quickly and easily you can make a different version of the tunic. This will take the young lady no more than half an hour. So that the reader does not get confused in the actions, we offer a detailed master class:
- First of all, we buy material. To do this, you need to calculate in advance the dimensions of the required canvas. The length is already known, because we measured it earlier. And in order to calculate the width, we turn to mathematics. Multiply the length of the sleeves by two and add half the girth of the hips or chest. Account for seam allowances. As a result, we find out the width of one part of the intended product - the front or the back. Both parts should fit on a piece of fabric. Therefore, we purchase material, taking into account this important nuance.
- After that we come home and, just as in the previous instructions, fold the piece of fabric in half.
- So that it does not move, we fix it with pins.
- Now we take a ruler, chalk and measure from the bottom edge the point of the beginning of the armhole. From her to each side the length of the sleeves.
- Using a needle and thread, we connect the front and back with a “needle forward” seam. We don't try too hard, we just need to fix the stuff.
- Next, we sew the canvas on a typewriter and remove the auxiliary thread.
- Finally, decorate the finished product as you wish.
It is very important to note that this simple tunic pattern for full young ladies will be especially relevant. And all because it allows you to perfectly mask any imperfections and extra pounds due to the side frills. However, experienced needlewomen and leading stylists recommendchoose a material with a floral or geometric print for the intended wardrobe item. Plain fabrics are best left for another item.
We hope we were able to convince the reader that it is very easy to implement your idea. The main thing is not to be afraid to explore new horizons.