- The main components of the sewing machine PMZ
- Specifications of the sewing machine PMZ
- Sewing machine PMZ instruction
- Sewing machine bobbin with cap
- How to wind a bobbin thread
- How to thread the bobbin case of a sewing machine
- Installing the bobbin case into the machine
- Replacing the needle in a sewing machine
- How to properly thread the upper thread into a sewing machine
- Preparing the sewing machine for work
- Sewing on a sewing machine
- Foot-operated sewing machine
- Finishing the typewriter
Almost every home has a sewing machine - an indispensable assistant in household chores, repairs or needlework.
The most famous of them is the PMZ sewing machine. Year of issue - 1952. This is definitely a rarity of our days. However, these sewing machines are the most common in our country.
The name "Podolskaya" these machines received by the name of the city in which the PMZ plant is located. The first letter of the abbreviation means Podolsk. The lineup over the past years is represented by a wide variety of cars. There are both manual and foot operated options.
Mostly produced by PMZ sewing machines are still straight stitch. The latest models are electrically driven, which undoubtedly appealed to many, since the foot-operated sewing machine for the home is not convenient for everyone.
The instructions in the PMZ sewing machines have not changed much since their production. It is noteworthy that the original instructions issued by the factory are still relevant, which allows you to use old sewing machines without any problems.
The main components of the sewing machine PMZ
- Screw for adjusting presser foot pressure.
- Thread take-up lever.
- Front cover fixing screw.
- Front cover.
- Nut for adjusting the tension of the upper thread.
- Thread take-up spring adjuster.
- Thread take-up spring.
- Tension washer.
- Thread guide.
- Thread cutter.
- Presser bar.
- Presser foot screw.
- Sliding part of the needle plate.
- Fabric feed (rake).
- Needle plate.
- Coil spool pin.
- Regulator winder tension.
- Needle bar.
- Needle holder.
- Needle clamp screw.
- Needle bar thread guide.
- Sewing machine foot.
- Sleeve of the sewing machine.
- Spool pin sleeve.
- Rewinder latch.
- Winder pulley.
- Winder spindle.
- Friction screw.
- Stitch regulator cover.
- Forward and reverse stitch regulator lever.
- Stitch adjuster screw.
Specifications of the sewing machine PMZ
1. The machine has a central bobbin shuttle device.
2. The number of maximum revolutions is 1200 per minute.
3. The largest stitch step is 4 mm.
4. Material feeds in both forward and reverse directions.5. The platform of the machine has a rectangular flat shape with overall dimensions of 371x178 mm.
The head of the machine weighs 11.5 kg, excluding the hand drive.
Sewing machine PMZ instruction
- When using the sewing machine, make sure that the sliding plate located above the hook is tightly closed.
- The presser foot must be raised when the machine is not running.
- The flywheel should only rotate in the direction of the working person. On the other hand, it is strictly forbidden to rotate it. This may cause the threads to become tangled in the hook.
- Make sure there is cloth under the teeth of the motor, otherwise they will become dull and the bottom surface of the presser foot will deteriorate
- Do not push or pull the fabric while sewing as this may break or bend the needle. The sewing machine PMZ itself provides the necessary supply of fabric.
Sewing machine bobbin with cap
If it is necessary to replace the bobbin, the front sliding plate is first moved away, which closes the shuttle, after which you need to grab the latch with two fingers and pull the cap out of the socket. If the latch is not opened first, the bobbin cannot be removed as it is held by a special hook.
To remove the bobbin, release the latch and, turning the cap down with the open side, shake out the bobbin.
How to wind a bobbin thread
Near the flywheel, on the back of the machine sleeve, there is a special winder. It works synchronously with the thread tension device (lower - which is located in the right corner of the platformmachines). While winding the thread on the bobbin, the PMZ sewing machine should not work. That is, the flywheel should not rotate. Therefore, before winding the bobbin, it must be turned off. It should rotate freely without rotating the mechanism itself. A bobbin is put on the stop pin of the spindle so that it hits the slit on the protrusion. Then you need to put a spool of thread on a special spool pin. The thread is pulled down, under the tension washer itself, and then up again, through the left hole.
The spindle with the bobbin put on it rotates in the frame of the winder. It must be pressed by hand so that its rubber rim touches the surface of the flywheel. The end of the thread from the bobbin must be held until we have wound a sufficient number of turns so that the thread can be secured. After that, this end should be cut off.
The frame will turn itself off as soon as the PMZ sewing machine winds the thread on the bobbin completely, and automatically takes the bobbin away from the handwheel. To perform this option correctly, you must constantly ensure that the rubber rim does not touch the handwheel while the bobbin is being wound. Otherwise, the frame should be adjusted.
To adjust the winder frame, you need to unscrew the screw slot located in the winder adjustment plate, pull the frame down towards the flywheel, and, fixing it in this position, screw the screw in the new position. The threads should wind evenly around the bobbin and tightly. If this does not happen, then you need to adjust the lower tensioner,slightly turning the tensioner bracket in the desired direction. It moves along a special slot in the platform. Since the bracket is also attached with a screw, you will need to loosen it before performing this operation.
How to thread the bobbin case of a sewing machine
With the right hand we take the bobbin with the wound thread, turn it so that the thread with its free end is directed to the right, to the left. Hold the bobbin case with your left hand, with the slit for the thread up, and insert the bobbin into the case without force.
It remains to pull the thread through the oblique slot on the edge of the cap, leading it under the tension spring, and then into the narrow slot located at the very end of the bobbin case.
Installing the bobbin case into the machine
To perform this operation, it is more convenient to put it on the shuttle rod located in the center with your left hand so that his finger gets into the slot of the overlay plate located on the stroke body. Then, releasing the latch, press the cap until it locks onto the shuttle shaft. The free end of the thread is left hanging freely, after which the hook is closed.
To do this, push the plate forward until it stops. After that, the hand sewing machine is almost ready to go.
Replacing the needle in a sewing machine
In order to change the needle, you must first remove the old one, and then turn the handwheel so that the needle is inserted in the upper position of the needle bar. In this case, the flat side of the needle should be turned to the left,in other words, out. The long groove on the very blade of the needle, on the contrary, to the right, that is, inward, to the bottom of the sleeve.
The needle must be inserted very carefully, because if it is incorrectly installed, the PMZ sewing machine will loop or skip stitches. After inserting the needle into the needle holder, it must be inserted up to the stop and firmly fixed with the locking screw.
How to properly thread the upper thread into a sewing machine
Before you start threading, turn the handwheel so that the thread eye on the take-up lever is in its highest position.
The spool of thread is installed on the spool pin (in the upper part of the sleeve), and the thread is pulled in the following sequence:
- Left forward, past the left rear thread slot on the front board, and then down to the thread tensioner.
- After that, the thread should be passed between the two washers of the regulator and up, behind the metal tab.
- Pass the thread through the eye of the thread take-up spring.
- Then up through the eye of the take-up lever.
- Down again, into the thread guide on the front board.
- Further down further into the thread guide located on the needle bar.
- And through the eye of the needle itself, in the direction from right to left. This is important: right to left and nothing else.
Preparing the sewing machine for work
Before starting work, the sewing machine PMZ them. Kalinina, should be dueprepared in a way. To do this, pull the lower thread. Taking the thread coming out of the needle with your left hand, turn the handwheel with the other hand so that the needle first falls into the hole on the needle plate, and then, grabbing the bottom thread from the shuttle, rises again.
When this is done, you need to pull the needle thread by pulling up the bobbin thread. After that, both ends of the thread are placed back, under the foot, slightly pulling them. By lowering the foot on the fabric, you can begin to work on the machine.
Sewing on a sewing machine
The manual sewing machine has a sleeve, on the ledge of which, at the back, the manual drive should be installed and fixed. The manual drive consists of a body with a pair of gears (large and small), a drive lever with a special leash (provides grip with the flywheel mechanism) and handles (can be folded back) - to rotate the machine by hand.
When not in use, the handle is usually folded, and for operation it must be brought into working position and secured with a locking screw. The leash must also be rotated so that the leather spacer fits between the two flywheel matches, locking into place with a latch.
You need to fix the flywheel with the friction screw by setting the working stroke and lower the foot onto the fabric. Then, turning the machine drive handle away from you with your right hand, start working.
Foot-operated sewing machine
To work on a foot sewing machine, you must alternately press the footrest of the machine, then with your heels, then with your toes. The legs should lie with all feet on it, while the right one is slightly behind the left one. Andswing the footrest as evenly as possible.
The PMZ foot sewing machine is very sensitive to the way the drive rotates. The rotation of the drive wheel should only be to the side working on the machine. Moving in the opposite direction will tangle the thread in the hook.
Finishing the typewriter
After working, the home sewing machine should be stopped so that the thread take-up lever is up and the needle is not left in the fabric. Raising the lever, and then the foot, with the left hand take the fabric to the side and cut the threads near the end of the line. The thread cutter has a special edge with which this is done very easily. It is located just above the presser foot. The ends of the threads should be left about 10 centimeters long.
Old sewing machines are very sensitive to the condition of the bobbins. Over the years of work, they can develop gouges, burrs, which causes the thread to cling to them and create loops or break.
Despite the fact that the plant has been producing these products for over 60 years, the Podolsk sewing machine is still a home assistant, the price of which is quite acceptable. Many sewing masters prefer to use them for certain jobs.