Table of contents:
- Preparatory stage
- Buying yarn
- Tool selection
- Taking measurements from the model
- Sample preparation
- Technology for calculating the parameters required for knitting
- Description of work
Knitted things look very interesting and beautiful, and therefore are very popular. But finding the right thing in the store is often very problematic. Therefore, many young ladies decide to independently bring the idea to life. Especially for such creative personalities, we have prepared the current article. It will tell you how to make a knitted tunic.
Before you start knitting, you need to consider what exactly the product is required for. In most cases, beautiful ladies are looking for the perfect tunic for themselves before going to the sea. For these purposes, you should prepare a beautiful openwork thing. But if a young lady walks around the house in a tunic, it is wiser to perform a dense or even warm version. It is also worth thinking about the design of a knitted tunic. Professional craftsmen say that you can make a t-shaped model with facial or stocking knit. But choose an unusual yarn for it or complement the finished productvarious decorative elements.
Having decided on the model of the intended product, we go to the needlework store. There we need to find the most suitable knitting threads. Experienced needlewomen advise beginners to choose a patchwork, gradient or other interesting yarn for a knitted tunic. You can also use a recent invention of manufacturers - a thread that itself folds into a pattern. Then it will be possible to easily perform a really spectacular thing. If you want to make an openwork tunic, it is wiser to choose a calm or plain yarn.
Needlewomen can talk endlessly about good knitting needles. After all, they are convinced that it is the tool that determines the speed, quality, success and beauty of work. Therefore, beginners should not be negligent in choosing knitting needles. Professionals recommend looking at a tool made of metal. It will be especially relevant for those who strongly tighten the loops. The size of the needles should be chosen, focusing on the pattern of the knitted tunic. For embossed, textured or openwork, the necessary knitting needles are equal to the thickness of the thread. Although beginners can knit a chain mail tunic with the effect of elongated loops. This requires knitting needles two to three times the thickness of the thread.
Taking measurements from the model
The next step in our instructions involves taking measurements from the future owner of the product. To do this, you need to draw on a piece of paper the style of the desired tunic. Thenprepare a centimeter tape and indicate the following parameters on your diagram:
- proposed product length;
- bust girth - the centimeter is placed horizontally through the protruding points;
- armhole level - the distance from the bottom edge to the armpit;
- neck girth;
- proposed sleeve length, if available.
A knitted tunic cannot be made without mathematical calculations. Because knitting any product, constantly checking the centimeter, is extremely inconvenient. In addition, the canvas tends to stretch, which can lead to measurement errors. Therefore, professional craftsmen recommend preparing a fragment of the pattern. It should be a square whose side is ten centimeters. We knit it, based on the selected pattern of the pattern and using the prepared knitting needles and yarn. Then we count the loops and rows in the sample. Then we proceed to the calculations.
Technology for calculating the parameters required for knitting
Experienced craftsmen are convinced that it will be much easier for beginners to knit a tunic for a woman with knitting needles if you transfer centimeters into loops and rows in advance. It is very simple to do this, you just need to compare your parameters with the size of the prepared sample. Before that, divide each measure taken by ten. Then we multiply the value obtained after division:
- proposed product length, estimated sleeve length, armhole height - per number of rows in the sample;
- chest circumference, neck circumference - onnumber of loops in the pattern.
After that we write five new values. According to them, we will carry out the intended product. And then it will not be possible to confuse something or make a mistake with the size.
Description of work
Traditionally studied piece of clothing consists of two parts - front and back. However, if you want to knit a tunic with knitting needles according to an openwork pattern, it is wiser to make a seamless product. Then it is necessary to carry out several other manipulations. We will explore both options in the current article.
To make a two-piece tunic:
- Cast on a number of sts equal to half the circumference of the chest. If you want to make a loose tunic, add 10-15 more pieces.
- Then knit, moving back and forth, from the bottom to the top edge. The armhole and collar do not need to be knitted.
- Having made it into a rectangle of the desired size, close the loops and knit the second part by analogy.
- After that, we select holes for the arms and head and sew the front and back along the shoulder and side seams.
- Turn the tunic right side out.
- Using a hook along the armhole line, we collect new loops and transfer them to hosiery knitting needles.
- Knit in a circle.
- Having reached the desired sleeve length, close the loops and knit the second sleeve in the same pattern.
Seamless tunic for women, knitted, performed a little differently:
- We cast on the circular knitting needles the number of loops equal to the girth of the chest. If desiredadd a few more loops.
- Next, we knit, moving in a circle, to the level of the armhole.
- After we divide the total number of loops in half and knit the front and back separately.
- Close the loops, turn the product inside out and sew along the shoulder seams.
- Turn it right side out again and add the sleeves using the technology described earlier.
We hope we were able to convince the reader that it is not difficult to bring the idea to life. You just need to really want it.