Table of contents:
Poker is one of the most popular card games. Poker gained its popularity not only due to the fact that a game with relatively simple rules requires both creativity and logic, but also due to the fact that sometimes it brings good income. A large number of online platforms allows you to take part in various tournaments and earn money.
It can be argued that the popularity of poker is only growing. After all, this game is not only a way to earn money, but also entertainment. In addition, this game is for an interesting company.
Texas Hold'em Basics
An interesting variation of poker is "Texas Hold'em". The game assumes the presence of two cards in hand and five community cards used by all players to collect a successful combination. We'll talk about the combinations a little later, but for now let's look at the basics of poker, which are necessary for beginners.
It's not that hard to understand the rules. Be patient and practice playing online applications with chips,with our tips. The card game will open up new opportunities for you to earn money and have a good time.
Texas Hold'em process
We will tell you about the basics of poker: how to start playing, what are the best combinations of cards, we will tell you about the names of actions in the game, and also give a couple of tips for beginners.
The process begins with a small bet, for which all participants sitting at the table will fight. It increases the activity of the players.
After that, those sitting behind the dealer contribute blinds to the general bank (blind - blind) - these are mandatory bets that are made blindly, without having cards in hand. Fun moment: the first person to bet pays half, and the next one pays the minimum deposit.
Cards are received after the preflop. Two cards are de alt in a circle, which will be the betting circle. All participants receive a flop, these are three cards on the table, and betting begins. The button puts down the fourth card - this is called the turn. The players place their bets. The last round of betting and betting ends after the fifth card is laid out on the table. It's called the river.
The task of the player is to make the best combination at the table. A combination is five cards out of seven (two in hand and five on the table). We will talk about which combinations are considered successful very soon.
The basics of poker are accessible and understandable to everyone. A little practice and you'll figure it out. Don't be afraid to sit down at the table.
But beforeAt the beginning of the game, you should know that there are several types of Texas Hold'em: limit, no-limit and pot-limit. The first one has limits on bets, and the second implies the presence of a maximum bet by the player's stack. A pot limit game cannot go beyond the size of the pot.
After getting acquainted with the basics of poker, anyone can try himself in the tournament, and there is a high probability that he will become the winner. The main difference between Texas Hold'em and other types of poker is the blinds. This duty of betting passes each hand from participant to another around the circle. This is due to the constant change of the dealer.
Poker basics for beginners should also remind future players that if after a hand you don't like your cards, they seem unattractive and unpromising to you, you can always leave the hand. It is your wish to play with the cards that have fallen or not.
But you definitely need to exit the hand if you do not support the minimum bet. The first bettor indicates its minimum, if you do not want or cannot support, you must fold your cards and exit the hand. The cards are discarded.
Any player can raise the bet, but by doing so, he obliges others to raise as well. If one of the players cannot support the one who raised the stakes, he must leave the game.
The one who put all-in cannot leave the game, and he cannot leave the game ahead of time. You must sit at the scrap, waiting for the end of the party andhope for a lucky jackpot.
The basics of poker are so simple, but let's talk about the winning combinations in this game.
Combinations in "Texas Holding" are different, let's get acquainted with them in descending order, starting from the strongest.
- Royal Flush is the rarest combination, but also the strongest. This successful combination consists of cards - from ace to 10 of the same suit.
- "Straight Flush" - a combination of 5 cards of the same suit. It is necessary to collect from largest to smallest, without missing a rank. Several players can collect several cards of the same suit, if this happens, the one with the strongest card wins.
- "Kare" is a little more common. To complete this combination, you need to collect 4 cards of the same rank, for example, several queens or 4.
- Full House doesn't get together any more often than Royal Flush. This is a combination of 5 cards, where 3 cards of one rank and two of another. If the opponent has a "Full House", then the winner is determined by the seniority of two cards.
- "Street" - assembled according to the "Street Royale" principle. However, the suit is not important in this combination.
- "Three" - a combination of cards, where three cards of the same rank are collected. This combination has several names, for example, "set" - two cards in hand and one on the table, and "trips" - if the opposite.
- "Two Pairs" - the combination is similar to "Full House", but here are pairs of two cards. If the opponent has the same combination, then the winner is determined by the strength of the lower cards. If this also matches,then the decisive kicker is the fifth card.
- "Pair" - two cards of the same rank.
- "High card" - if no one was able to collect combinations, then the winner is determined by the highest card in your hand. If one of your opponents has the same high card as you, then it is compared according to the next one. With an absolutely identical combination, the winnings are divided equally.
Finally, let's complete our poker basics for beginners with a small list of common mistakes.
- Don't play every hand, be patient and wait for your winning combination without wasting chips.
- Do not be afraid of the game, beginners play without thinking, quickly. Think carefully.
- Poker can be called a competition, but here to pass is not to be afraid. Discard bad cards. The spirit of competition is inappropriate here.
- Consider your bets and your cards. Don't bet too much and don't expect to get lucky when you enter the game with strong cards.
- Don't bluff too much or you won't be fun to play with.
- Don't play with all your money.
- When playing poker, try not to think about your own, do not hover in the clouds, but think over your moves, actions and the actions of others. You can guess if they have a good combination or not.
- Feel free to switch tables. As a beginner, don't try to beat experienced players.
Remember the rules of the game and avoid the mistakes of beginners, and then you are allwill surely succeed. We hope you find the basics of poker for beginners useful. Have fun!