- Christmas socks for gifts: manufacturing options
- Materials and tools
- How to decorate socks
- Paper souvenirs
- Felt socks
- How to sew gift socks from any fabric
Western Christmas fashion is gradually coming to Russia. Now it is becoming popular for us to pack gifts from Santa Claus in beautiful New Year's socks. These products are also used as interior decorations. Read how to make these things with your own hands. Choose the way you like. Try making some fun holiday decor yourself.
Christmas socks for gifts: manufacturing options
You can create a package for a present or a souvenir of this kind in the following ways:
- Run from paper.
The last method is to get Christmas decorations, interior decorations, postcards, magnets - things that are not packaging, but play the role of a stylish holiday decor. They are made, as a rule, flat or embossed, using the application method using the principles of scrapbooking.
Knitwear is actually ordinary socks or stockings, only made from coloredthread of the appropriate shade. Things turn out bright and elegant. If you know how to knit ordinary socks with knitting needles, it will not be difficult to make such a festive accessory.
Sewing socks is also quite simple. If fleece or felt is used, the stitching is done on the right side, and small decorative details are even glued to the surface. The use of other fabrics that have frayed sections requires a more complex technology with stitching from the wrong side and then turning the product inside out.
In a word, there are plenty to choose from. Each method allows you to get spectacular accessories for the holiday.
Materials and tools
The set of supplies that you will need for the creative process depends on how you decide to make Christmas socks for gifts. The list is presented by respective groups.
When handling paper, prepare the following:
- Different types of decorative design paper or scrapbooking sheets.
- Scissors or utility knife.
- Decorative elements.
To make Christmas socks with knitting needles, you need:
- The needles are the same size.
- Yarn of appropriate thickness for the tool (usually several shades).
- Schemes (if you are going to perform some complex pattern on the surface of the sock).
To sew New Year's socks, you will need the following:
- Paper forpatterns.
- Template, stencil, sample.
- Fabric in different colors.
- Needle and thread.
- Sewing machine (it is convenient to sew by hand, for example, from fleece or felt).
As you can see, none of the presented methods require anything special and expensive. If you are into needlework, you probably already have all of the above at home.
How to decorate socks
Whatever way you choose to create the base of the product, you still have to use additional decor. Usually it is he, apart from the color and texture of the thing itself, that creates a festive impression, gives the object an elegant appearance.
New Year's knitted socks, sewn or made of paper, can be decorated in the same ways, or rather, elements. For decoration use the following:
- Satin ribbons, braid to create a pendant loop.
- Stars, snowflakes, made with curly hole punches or bought in a store.
- Patches (stickers).
- Sprigs of an artificial Christmas tree.
- Themed prints.
- Curly patches.
It all depends on your imagination and the amount of time you are willing to spend on creating a gift.
To New Year'ssocks made of decorative sheets of paper could decorate your interior, Christmas tree or become a postcard, you need to follow these steps:
- Make a sock-shaped template.
- Make blanks from textured, embossed, metallic or other paper.
- Prepare decor.
- Glue all the pieces.
- Perform suspension.
The souvenir is ready.
A very beautiful DIY New Year's sock can be sewn from fleece or felt. Work like this:
- Find a pattern you like or design your own.
- Cut directly from the fabric or, having previously made patterns from paper, all the details.
- Sew on the front side of large elements (sock shape).
- Sew or glue decor.
- Tie a loop or tie.
Cute gift wrapping is ready. You can put content in it.
How to sew gift socks from any fabric
Working with felt and fleece is really easy. The technology described in the previous section is simple. The material does not require seams, so it can be hand-sewn even on the right side.
If you sew clothes or souvenirs from scraps of different quality, there are probably always extra, unused pieces. Just from such "waste" you can make a beautiful New Year's sock with your own hands.
The technology is as follows:
- Prepare a pattern of sock and decor details from paper. If you do not have enough patch for the entire sock, make it up from several parts by cutting the paper blank into elements of the appropriate size.
- Pin the patterns to the fabric.
- Trace the details along the contour, make allowances for the seams.
- Cut out blanks.
- Sweep or immediately sew on the typewriter elements of the sock on the wrong side.
- Sew over the edges and hem the top edge.
- Turn right side out.
- Sew on decor and pendant.
It takes a little longer to work with ordinary fabric than with fleece or felt, but the products are very neat and solid.
So, it's easy to make beautiful New Year's socks yourself. Use them to decorate your home or wrap gifts. Children will especially like it.