- Features of technology
- Types of painting
- Working order
- Simple geometric pattern
- Drawing with children with fingers
- Silhouette and Ornament
- Sloppy thoughtfulness
- Bitmap without pattern
- Bitmap Pattern
- More ideas
Painting a plate is one of the oldest occupations that has survived to this day. Previously, shelves in sideboards and walls were decorated with such items. They were passed down from generation to generation. Today, decorative plates are also relevant. They will be an excellent decor item for a kitchen or dining room, and you can involve your children in the process of creating a masterpiece.
Features of technology
Painting a plate is not such a simple matter. To obtain a real masterpiece, professionals take special courses, where all the subtleties of this skill are revealed. But absolutely everyone can know it. It is only necessary to take into account some of the nuances regarding such a process as painting plates.
The drawing technique lies in the correct selection of tools and materials. The most important item here are decorative plates. Painting can decorate ceramics, porcelain, glass, wood. The main thing is that they should not have a factory pattern.
You can create a pattern using the followingtools:
- Paints: silicate, water, acrylic. The latter are the most popular, as they are the most common, and even a child can work with them.
- Felt-tip pens (special indelible).
Brushes are most often used thin. But it all depends on the drawing. Sometimes you need several types of brushes - from the thinnest to the lush.
In case your drawing doesn't work out, have a paint remover handy.
Types of painting
Painting a plate is an art! Types of techniques - a great many:
- Tiffany - allows you to achieve the effect of a three-dimensional pattern.
- Khokhloma is a fairly well-known painting. Patterns are made in black-red-gold colors.
- Dotted - the pattern is created using dots.
- Gzhel - simple lines, drops, nets, flowers. Everything is done in blue tones on a white background.
- Inscriptions are just words, phrases, lines and so on.
- Geometric patterns - drawings consisting of various lines and shapes.
- Whole composition (landscape, still life).
Of course, that's not all. There are also other types of painting, most of which came from ancient times. But we have listed the most popular.
Regardless of the degree of complexity of the drawing, there is a generally accepted sequence of actions:
- The painted plate is degreased with alcohol or window cleaner.
- A primer is applied to help the paint adhere better to the surface.
- A sketch of the pattern is being prepared on plain paper.
- The pattern is transferred to the surface of the plate. How this happens depends on the application technique and the style of the image.
- Attention is paid to the elaboration of details (for example, the outline is drawn).
- The plate is dried for 24 hours outdoors or in the oven for 40 to 60 minutes.
Simple geometric pattern
Perhaps the easiest and fastest way to paint a plate is to use paint and masking tape. Thanks to simple manipulations, you can get a bright decor.
So, prepare the plate for painting (clean it and degrease it). Then take masking tape and stick the strips on the surface. Where we have adhesive tape, the plate will not be painted, keep this in mind. Drawing can be varied. Usually zigzags are created in this way.
Now paint the whole plate with bright paint. For this work, you will need to take a magnificent brush, as it will quickly cope with the task. Let the paint dry a bit and then remove the tape. Now you can dry the plate.
Drawing with children with fingers
Great idea to paint the plate with the kids. To do this, you do not need to look for and come up with special pictures. You can simply immortalize your child's fingerprints.
First, prepare the surface of the plate. Then take some brown paint and painttree trunk and branches. Then take a regular sponge and smear its surface with some kind of paint. Now gently touch the washcloth with your fingertips, and then leave an imprint on the plates. Fingerprints will serve as leaves.
By the way, this way you can collect the fingerprints of friends and relatives at the wedding as a keepsake.
Silhouette and Ornament
Easy and tastefully decorate the dishes will help painting the plate. You can do it like this:
- Prepare the plate for work.
- Take a thin brush and draw the silhouette of an animal below (for example, a hare, a bear, a dog, and so on). Do not make the contour clear, for this, dilute the paint a little with water on the palette.
- Then take the thinnest brush and draw a pair of arcs from the silhouette. Draw leaves and flowers on them using lines or dots. Choose contrasting colors for plants.
- Dry the work.
In this simple way, you can create a whole series: on one plate there will be an image of a hare, on the other - a fox, on the third - a wolf and so on. The whole essence of the work lies in the simplicity of lines and play on contrasts. With the help of small bright details, a playful mood is created, and the overall palette does not strain the eyes.
This work looks like it took five minutes at most, and is the result of someone's negligence. In fact, the presented painting of plates with paints is alsois the fruit of effort and imagination. To work, you will need liquid paints, a brush, an old toothbrush and rubber gloves.
Dip the brush into the paint container and bring it to the plate. Start placing chaotic drops on the prepared surface. No need to build a clear sequence - first smooth and small, then - large with wavy edges. Let all the drops be uneven and different in size. Put them in different places. Here it is worth mentioning that the paint should drip from the brush on its own, so type it without regret.
Then dip your finger into the paint. Walk them along the edges of the plate, making a border. An old toothbrush will help finish the pattern. Dip it lightly in the paint, and then run your finger along the bristles, pointing your "tool" at the plate. Dry the pattern.
Bitmap without pattern
Drawings with dots is quite an exciting activity. And at the same time - a long and painstaking work. But the result is always worth the effort.
Spot painting of plates with acrylic paints can be done with or without a template. Let's look at the second option first. It is used for simple patterns, while the former is used for more complex and intricate patterns.
Bitmap suggests that the picture will be drawn not with lines, but with dots that are located next to each other. You can make such a painting both with paints and a brush with a pointed end, and with markers.
First, as always, you need to prepare the surfacedishes. Then the future drawing is thought out. You can take any picture as a basis, but it is easier to perform geometric patterns in this technique. Then the paint is applied to a palette or piece of paper. The material is taken on the brush very carefully. Excess paint must be removed.
Then the magic begins. With a brush, gently touch the surface of the plate. If this is not done, smears will be obtained. A drawing is made up of dots. You need to work slowly, trying to make the drops the same size. Thus, the entire pattern is applied. By the way, you need to work from top to bottom so as not to accidentally blur the drawing.
Depending on the idea, the dots can be of different colors and diameters. But the picture must be clear. Therefore, lines related to one element (for example, the core of a flower) are made in the same shade and with dots of the same diameter.
From the first time it may seem that making a painting according to a template is very simple. Actually it is not. First you need to prepare this very template. To do this, you can use ready-made pictures or make an illustration yourself. Since the bitmap does not involve painting over, the template on paper is made only in outline (for example, a flower will be depicted only with the help of petals). By the way, in the case of a paper layout, you can only decorate a transparent plate.
So, prepare the surface for work. Then cut out the template along the extreme contour. Now glue the paper tothe back of the plate with masking tape or electrical tape. Get your paints and brushes ready. Now you can start drawing. Place dots at the top of the outline. Start working, as in the previous case, from above so that the drawing does not smear.
When the work is done, let the plate dry a little. Then carefully remove the template. If desired, the reverse side can be painted over, thereby giving a background to your pattern.
Do-it-yourself painting of plates is an exciting activity. In the process of creating one craft, the idea for the next often comes up.
Here is just a small part of the possible design of the plates:
- With the help of thin wavy lines, you can make not just patterns, but whole drawings. Just paint the inside of the silhouette not with solid strokes, but with curls.
- You can collect words from plates. Each saucer is one letter. It must be placed in the center. The space around the letter can be decorated with small patterns (for example, floral).
- Original painting - muzzle. It is enough just to draw the eyes, nose, mouth and cheeks. The rest can be covered with some kind of solid pattern.
- Plant motifs are always relevant. Flowers and plants can be drawn in a variety of ways: filling the entire space of the plate or just the outline, strokes, dots, solid color, strokes, and so on.
- You can also make a special painting for each holiday. So, for example, for the New Year, plates with snowmen will be appropriate,Christmas trees and Santa Claus, for Halloween - pumpkins, for Easter - painted eggs, Easter cakes, Easter bunnies, for March 8 - a branch of mimosa.