So, you have decided to learn how to play poker. The first task for you is to learn poker hands. It will not be difficult, since there are not so many of them, and even more so, they are very easy to remember.
Consider all the poker hands that exist:
- The rarest and at the same time the most successful combination is called a royal flush. This is a combination of five suited high cards;
- lower hand in terms of play is a straight flush. She plays when the player has five cards of the same suit in a row;
- quad. This combination falls out much more often than the previous two. It consists of four cards, necessarily peer-to-peer;
- full house. In this case, the player must have two cards of one rank and three more of another in his hand. For example, three kings and two sevens;
- flash. A flush is any sequence of cards that must be of the same suit;
- street. This combination is played when the player has five consecutive cards of any suit;
- troika. In this case, the player must have three matching cards in his hand;
- two couples. This combination combines two cards of the same rank and two more completely different. The suit is not taken into account;
- couple. This combination is very simple. It consists of only two peer-to-peer cards;
- "high" card. This is not even a combination, but simply the outcome of the game. If no player has played any of the above combinations, then the player is determined by the seniority of the cards.
Poker combinations are simple and easy to remember. But it is important to remember that poker has several varieties. These are Horse, Draw Poker, Stud, Texas Hold'em, Omaha, Double Discarding Draw Poker, Deuce to Seven Lowball, and Badugi. All combinations in poker are the same for any kind. Only strategies and rules differ.
One of the most popular varieties of club poker at present is Texas Hold'em. This is due to the fact that the game optimally correlates general and hidden information. The combinations of cards in Texas Hold'em are standard.
As for the history of poker, there is currently a huge amount of controversy about the origin of the game and the origin of the name. For the first time a game similar to poker was mentioned in the 16th century. Many experts believe that the name comes from the German word pochen, which means "knock".
Poker has been around for over 500 years and was born in Europe. HisThe rules are constantly changing and improving. The very first references to modern poker were found in the memoirs of a famous artist Joe Cauel. It was 1829. After 5 years, in 1834, poker began to be played with a deck of 52 cards. But, no matter what changes the rules of the game undergo, the winner was still determined and determined by poker combinations.
Currently, many experts are fiercely arguing about whether poker should be considered a game of chance or a commercial game. The gambling aspect is supported by such facts as: championships are always won by different players, the level of skill never guarantees a 100% victory, but only adds some chances to win. The following facts can be stated for the aspect of the commercial game: the presence of professional players who earn money on poker, such a science as probability theory is appropriate in the game, with the help of which you can calculate on which move the higher combination will fall.
In Russia, poker as a sport is treated very changeably. In 2007, it became an official sport in Russia, and already in 2009 it was deprived of this status.