- When a tilde doll is born
- When the tilde changes dress
- How to measure Tilda
- Building a pattern for the base: backrest
- Building a base pattern: shelf
- Tilda's jacket
- Easy Trouser Pattern
- Boho style clothes
The tilde doll became popular very quickly. Everyone liked the gentle stylish doll, which dresses in beautiful outfits made of natural fabrics in pastel colors. All tildes are similar. Despite different height, fullness or color, they are easy to distinguish from many others. Since the tilde is a handmade doll, no two are alike. What makes them different?
The costume makes the doll individual. Therefore, clothing patterns for tilde dolls are very diverse.
When a tilde doll is born
A feature of the Norwegian doll is the ability to sew part of the outfit for her during the manufacture. It can be non-removable underwear (a T-shirt or T-shirt and pantaloons), a corset or the entire upper part of the dress. In this case, the pattern of the torso and arms will be made of elegant fabric. It remains only to sew a skirt.
For dolls tilde patterns of clothes,which is not removable will be as follows:
- Body - torso pattern from the neckline to the bottom (two parts). Can be cut from lace fabric, satin, cambric.
- Knickers - leg pattern from the sewing line to the torso to the knee (two parts). Part of the torso from the waist to the hips (two parts). Decorated with small lace or stitching.
- Undershirt - torso pattern from décolleté to waist (two pieces), left arm pattern from shoulder to elbow (two pieces), right arm pattern from shoulder to elbow (two pieces). It is sewn from thin white fabric, decorated with lace on the cuffs.
- Corset - pattern of the torso from the neckline to the waist (two parts). It is sewn from black or red velvet, satin, decorated with lacing. A white shirt is required for this corset.
For a skirt, you can choose a nylon ribbon and cut segments from it for three tiers. The lowest tier looks better if it is made of a wide strip, with large folds. The closer the tier rises to the waist, the shorter the ribbon should be and the smaller the crease. Otherwise, it will turn out not a stylish tilde, but a woman on a teapot.
When the tilde changes dress
Over time, a non-removable outfit will fade, get dirty and require replacement. If pantaloons under a skirt are not striking, then a blouse that has lost its appearance spoils the whole impression. You can carefully rip off the handles and sew new ones. If you want, this is the best option. But there is another way. These are variants of clothing patterns for tilde dolls that do not require complex construction (based on rectangles and stripes).
Such dresses can besew by measuring the fabric directly on the doll. The principle here is simple: the volume of the arm determines the volume of the sleeve, the volume of the hips determines the width of the skirt. For a very wide one, a ratio of 2: 1 is chosen, that is, two volumes of the hips, for an average - 1, 5, for a very small expansion - 1, 2. Folds are laid directly on the doll with pins and sewn by hand.
You can not tear off the doll's handles and not alter them, but sew her a dress that will cover the white fabric of the handles and the corset. So that it does not shine through the dress, choose a dark fabric. This dress is sewn according to the pattern of the base.
How to measure Tilda
The shape of the tilde is streamlined, its contours are smooth. It is easy to increase or decrease. Now you can meet very small pupae, and large ones, in human growth. There were even chubby ones. And the ballerina dolls remained fragile and graceful. Measurements depend on the specific doll. To sew clothes for tilde dolls with your own hands, it is better to make patterns yourself by the standards. What measurements need to be taken and how is it done?
The doll is tied with two laces: around the neck and at the waist. These markers will be repelled when taking measurements.
- Bust width is measured from one side seam to the other along the neckline. This is the bust (Сг).
- Waist width is measured along the string from one side seam to the other. This is the half waist (St).
- Shoulder width is measured from one place where the arm is sewn in through the chest to the other (Шп).
- Take measurements along the back from the lace around the neck to the lace at the waist (Dst).
- From topsewing points of the arm to the hand - measure Dr.
- Arm circumference is measured at armpit level. This is Or.
- Neck girth is measured by the lace around the neck. This is Osh.
- From the bottom point of sewing the arm into the side seam to the waist - measure the height of the chest Vg.
The rest of the measurements can be taken by analogy with the sewing drawing for a doll. The figure shows a common pattern of a tilde doll, the clothes for which are sewn on it. She is 35 centimeters tall.
Building a pattern for the base: backrest
The order of constructing a backrest pattern:
- Draw a rectangle with a length equal to Cg and a height equal to Dst.
- Measure the center line and mark the intersection at the top and bottom.
- From the upper point of intersection lay ¼ Osh in both directions.
- From the top point of the intersection lay down two millimeters. An arc is drawn through this and the two previous points. This is the collar sewing line.
- Five millimeters are laid down from the upper intersection point. Draw a horizontal line. The highest point of the sleeve is laid on it, retreating 1.8 cm from each intersection point of the collar sewing line with the upper horizontal line of the rectangle.
- From the bottom point of intersection of the rectangle with the central line lay 2.2 cm in each direction.
- From the bottom point of intersection of the rectangle with the central line, measure Vg and draw a horizontal line. Connect the points where it intersects with the vertical lines of the rectangle, with those obtained in step 6.
- Connect the dotsreceived in item 7 and item 5 by an arc. This is the sewing line for the sleeve.
The back is ready.
Building a base pattern: shelf
The order of building a shelf pattern:
- Copy half of the back pattern onto a separate sheet.
- Draw a neckline using a compass. The diagram is shown by an arrow.
- Add 1.5 cm to the clasp along the center line.
Using individual drawings, you can model clothes patterns for Tilda with your own hands.
You can sew a denim jacket according to the base pattern. To do this, take the denim of the thinnest weave. All seams are sewn with white thread. Small details are important to iron well. These are pockets and a collar. The bottom of the product is folded and stitched, imitating a belt. To do this, you need to make an increase to the pattern in half a centimeter.
The figure shows a pattern for a 35 cm high doll, which can be sewn according to the sizes given above. If your tilde has a different height, you can use the principles of building a base and draw a life-size pattern of Tilda's clothes. Measurements are taken in the same way as indicated in the figure for sewing a doll.
- Pockets are sewn on the sleeve and on the shelf. Delay.
- Sew the shoulder seams. Delay.
- Sew on the collar. Delay.
- Sew side seams. Delay.
- Stitch in sleeves.
- Bend the bottom of the productand stitch. Delay.
If desired, you can put the buttons on the shelf so that the jacket fastens.
Easy Trouser Pattern
A huge advantage of sewing clothes for tilde rag dolls is that patterns can be pinned right on the doll, as pins fit well into it. According to the pattern of the jacket, you can also sew a dress. It makes no sense to build a fluffy skirt according to a pattern. Having measured the waist and hips, it is easy to cut it out of the fabric. For folds, leave three centimeters for an allowance.
It is better to sew trousers for a tilde not to the waist, they will not suit her. Small models sitting on the hips are her option. Sewing them is easy, you do not need to build a drawing for this. Having attached the doll to the fabric folded in half, measure the length of the trousers. They should reach at least to the wrists. If it's a little higher, no big deal. The width of the trousers is measured along the bottom of the torso, where the legs are sewn. This is the widest point. An allowance of one centimeter is given for freedom - 0.5 cm on each side. The place where the legs are sewn is measured - this is the beginning of the trousers. Cut to this point.
Leave an allowance of two centimeters for the hem and elastic at the waist. The bottom edge of the trousers can be simply hemmed with a stitch, or you can insert a lace. For simple trousers, skirts, vest dresses, drawings are not built. Simply put the doll on the fabric and measure the control points, then connect them. This is how life-size clothes patterns for the tilde are obtained.
Boho style clothes
Boho style allows you to combine lace and leather, ethnic and classic, bulky shoes and frivolous prints inflower. Such elements, brought together, create an image of comfort. For an interior doll - what you need. There are several boho stylistic trends: classic, eco, hippie, vintage.
Skirts must be fluffy, with lots of frills. The main measure for them is from the waist to the toes of the tilde. Boho clothing patterns are required only to create sleeves and a bodice, while skirts are cut directly onto the fabric. The doll is placed on a piece of fabric, the waist and the widest part of the torso (where the legs are sewn) are measured, connecting lines are drawn. Give an allowance of one centimeter at both ends. You will need two of these items. Side seams are sewn, frills are sewn from guipure, lace, chiffon.
At the back of the skirt, you can make a hook or button closure so that you can take it off. The jacket is made according to the principle of an undershirt with one-piece sleeves. They can be decorated with lace long cuffs or simply tucked up. Don't forget to give the doll a large purse.
Sewing for a doll is not just a game. This is an opportunity to get a hand in working with various fabrics, and gain experience in modeling. Patterns of clothes for a tilde can be built in three ways: classic, with the construction of drawings, measuring life-size dimensions and combining from rectangular cuts and ribbons.
All three ways broaden your horizons and improve your skills. If you don't use any of them yet, there is a reason to try sewing a new little thing for your tild.