- Selection of material
- Simple vest for beginner knitters
- Getting Started: Transfer Part
- Armholes and neckline
- Back detail, product assembly
- Sleeveless jacket for a boy with knitting needles: braid knitting pattern
Knitting sleeveless jackets for boys with knitting needles pleases the mother's heart and allows you to put your knitting skills into practice. Given the small size and simple cut of children's vests, they can be made quite quickly.
Selection of material
A sleeveless jacket for a boy is knitted with knitting needles for those cases when it is difficult to predict the weather. For example, they wear it for summer evening walks, take it with them to a picnic, or use it in cool rooms. The beauty of this clothing is that it warms perfectly, but does not constrain the movements of the child. He can play, draw and do whatever he wants.
However, a vest is not a sweater, so you should not knit it from very warm yarn. Yarn that is 100% wool is not the best option. Such a product will be impractical: the body will be hot, and the hands will be cold.
It is best to knit a sleeveless jacket for a boy from yarn, in which about 50% of wool, and the rest is cotton or bamboo. You can also use wool with acrylic, but synthetic fiber canpromote increased sweating.
Simple vest for beginner knitters
The photo at the beginning of the article shows a sleeveless jacket for a boy. It is quite simple to make such a product with knitting needles: the rapport of the pattern consists of four loops and four rows.
This pattern makes it easy to cut stitches to form armholes and necklines. And the scheme is shown in the figure with a pattern.
To find out the density of knitting, you should perform a control sample and calculate how many loops (in width) and rows (in height) per 10 cm of fabric.
The data obtained will allow you to work with the pattern, as it will be known how many loops (P) you need to cast on first, how many rows (P) to knit in height and when to decrease.
Getting Started: Transfer Part
- First of all, you should type on the knitting needles the amount of P calculated in advance.
- Then 7-10 R is knitted in garter st, which provides only front loops (LR) in all rows and does not allow the fabric to curl.
- Next, you should refer to the diagram and complete the first P of the pattern: remove the hem, perform LP, then PI (purl loop). This sequence must be repeated until the end of R.
- The second (purl) P is performed according to the pattern: if on the needle of the LP, it is knitted by the LP, if the PI is, then, accordingly, the PI is performed. At this stage, the pattern resembles knitting gum 1:1.
- Third R: all Rs are knitted by LR.
- Fourth R: all Pperform IP.
The first strip of the pattern is ready. Next, you need to repeat the execution of all rows from the first to the fourth.
Armholes and neckline
When the sleeveless jacket for the boy with knitting needles is knitted to the armhole line, it's time to move on to the reduction P:
- First you need to close a few Ps on each side of the part to form protrusions of two centimeters.
- Next, you need to knit, following the pattern of the pattern, but in each front P you need to cut two loops 3-4 times: one at the beginning and one at the end. Decrease occurs when two Ps are knitted together. The result is an armhole of this shape, as indicated on the pattern.
- Then, work evenly, without cuts, until the front piece is the desired length minus five centimeters (neck depth).
- Further in the center of the canvas, immediately close or transfer to a knitting pin such an amount of P that corresponds to the width of the neck minus four centimeters.
Further work is carried out separately with the right and left shoulder:
- Right shoulder - to form a round neck, bevels should be made and four times cut one P on the right in each front R. The left edge of the canvas remains flat.
- The left shoulder is worked in the same way but cuts are reversed.
The loops of the finished part are transferred to a thick thread or knitting needle.
Back detail, product assembly
The second part of the work - the back - is knitted similarly to the first. The only difference is the smaller neckline. Its depth should not be 5,and 3 centimeters. This means that after the armholes are formed, the part should be knitted to a height that is two centimeters more than the same section of the front part. Next, the loops are closed and the bevels are formed.
For assembly, the open loops on the shoulders of the product are matched and sewn with a knitted seam. Side seams are also performed with a needle. Loops are cast on circular needles along the neckline and tied with a garter pattern.
Armholes are tied with the same method. If the craftswoman has crochet skills, she can apply them to the neckline and armholes.
The finished product is steamed with an iron or washed in warm water.
Sleeveless jacket for a boy with knitting needles: braid knitting pattern
The photo below shows a vest with a braid pattern. Such a product fits in almost the same way as described above, but the pattern itself is much more complicated.
It is suitable for knitters with some experience, as it is easy to get confused in the weaving of braids.
The figure shows a pattern of front and back details.
The pattern consists of a central wide braid and side narrow braids. Such a sleeveless jacket for a boy with knitting needles is knitted as a real decoration of a children's spring wardrobe and can become a matter of well-deserved pride of the craftswoman.