- Scythe: the queen of all patterns
- The easiest tourniquet
- Knitting a warm bandage
- Scheme for a hat with braids
- Knitting the top of the hat
Why do people learn to knit? Most often in order to bring to life some of their ideas and ideas. Products created independently are of great value for craftswomen, because their color, size and pattern were selected individually.
Scythe: the queen of all patterns
Against the background of all existing ornaments, arans stand out qualitatively (they are also braids and plaits). Knitting patterns of these patterns provide for sequential movement of the loops. When neighboring loops are interchanged, one of them overlaps the other, resulting in a weave.
Schemes of braids with knitting needles can consist of two or more strands, because at least two elements are needed for weaving. Also popular are the patterns of bundles, consisting of three, four or more strands. The most complex three-dimensional ornaments are formed by a combination of several braids. At the same time, designers often combine harnesses with other patterns: lace, elastic bands, various dense ornaments.
The easiest tourniquet
The photo at the beginning of the article shows a bandage connected quite simplypattern.
Such patterns of braids with knitting needles are similar to each other, which means that, having understood one, you can learn to read them all.
Let's first analyze the scheme, and then consider the use of a pattern to create a product.
Pattern repeat consists of 15 loops (P). This is the part of the ornament that should be repeated in order to arrange several braids side by side (for example, when working on a sweater). The height of the rapport is 12 rows (P). This means that after the first 12 Rs are knitted, the braid should be repeated from the first R.
Schemes of braids, knitted with knitting needles, traditionally consist of facial (LP) and purl loops (IP). Usually, PI is used for knitting a background, and the strands that are intertwined consist of LP. In the diagram presented above, the structure of the braid is slightly different. The background is formed by PI along the edges of the braid (one PI at the beginning of the row and one PI at the end), but the strands themselves consist of 1: 1 elastic (one LP, one OUT).
How the weave is done:
- The first six rows of the braid are knitted according to the scheme: start with one PI and then alternate 1 LP with 1 PI.
- In the seventh row, you need to knit the first PI, then transfer the loops of the first strand (1LP, 1IP, 1LP, 1IP, 1LP, 1IP, 1LP) to the auxiliary knitting needle and leave before work, then knit the loops of the second strand (1IP, 1LP, 1IP, 1LP, 1IP, 1LP, 1IP), return the loops of the first strand to the left knitting needle and knit them properly, finally completing the last IP. Moving the strand leads to the formation of a braid with an inclination to the right. Toget a slope in the opposite direction, the craftswoman must leave the loops transferred to the auxiliary knitting needle at work.
- The following rows of rapport are knitted in the same way as the first five rows.
Knitting a warm bandage
Knitting braid patterns are very easy to adapt to create simple, even fabrics.
Bandage knitting sequence:
- Cast on 21 sts on the needles (15 sts are needed for rapport, and the remaining 6 will be reserved for the edges).
- Remove the first P, knit the next two LP, perform the first R of rapport, knit 3 LP.
The next rows are knitted in the same way as the first P, that is, at the beginning and at the end, three Ps are performed in a garter stitch (all loops in all rows are facial), and in the center a braid of front and back loops.
Having knitted the fabric of the desired height, the loops are carefully sewn to the inlaid edge with a knitted seam.
If desired, the bandage can be crocheted on both sides.
Those craftswomen who want to practice making harnesses should try their hand at a more complex pattern.
Here the braid from the facial loops is located on the background of the purl.
Scheme for a hat with braids
The next item is more difficult to knit.
Here you have to work hard. Usually, craftswomen first train on simple ornaments, and then confidently knit braids with knitting needles. The scheme of the depicted ornament includes not two, but four strands. Eachof which consists of the spirit of the LP. The central LP is not included in any strand, it is not involved in weaving.
The first and second strands are intertwined with a slope to the right. And the third and fourth are tilted to the left.
The bottom of the header is done like this:
- The number of Ps is typed on the needles, which corresponds to six rapports of the M.1 scheme. and six intervals of 4 LP.
- Next 5-7 cm knit with an elastic band 2:2.
- Then proceed to the formation of the pattern. The first P after the elastic band is performed with front loops, the second - with purl loops.
- In the third row, weaving occurs: first, the first and second strands are crossed, then the central loop is knitted, then the third and fourth strands are crossed. Next, knit gap stitches.
- The next three rows are knitted with stocking stitch.
- Repeat the rapport in height the required number of times.
Knitting the top of the hat
When the canvas is 10-12 cm, the loops need to be reduced. They do it like this:
- In each front row, reduce one P of the gap.
- When there are no gaps, you need to reduce P according to the scheme M.2.
- The last few Ps are pulled together with a strong thread and fixed.
At the last stage, the hat is sewn together, the ponytails are hidden and decorated with a pompom.
Such a pattern of a hat with knitting needles with braids is universal: it is suitable for both women's products and for children's or men's.