Table of contents:
- Mosaic. History and present
- On the benefits of modeling
- Where can I get a template?
- What will we sculpt? Cloudberries
- Preparation for work
- Plasticine mosaic. Modeling
- Precautions for Plasticine Handling
Maybe not only today, but also tomorrow. And, you see, the day after tomorrow. This is such a painstaking task that one day is not enough. Although, of course, there are gentle technologies and simple drawings designed for a very young age. But, you see, before teaching a child anything, an adult must himself study the issue from all sides, master the practical side of the matter. And for this you have to roll up more than one hundred plasticine peas!
Mosaic. History and present
People have been fitting fragments of various materials since ancient times. The walls and floors were first covered with mosaics to level them.
Subsequently, the mosaic became the decoration of temples, home interiors, furniture and utensils.
From small stones and pieces of pottery in the distant past, this art form has survived to a variety of materials today. Among them are traditional:
- tile tiles;
- sm alt;
- mirror shards;
Combinations of colors and textures, the ability to decorate unusual surfaces make the potential of mosaics as a decorative art form limitless.
There are even such mosaics:
- screw and nail;
And the list is endless. A more traditional look will be described here - a plasticine mosaic.
On the benefits of modeling
Plasticine is a very suitable material for this decoration method. Its brightness and plasticity, a large selection of colors allow you to create still lifes, landscapes, portraits.
For a large and complex plasticine mosaic, craftsmen prepare thousands of balls that are close in size to a grain of millet.
As for children, they always sculpt with pleasure. The benefit of this activity is that it develops:
- fine motor skills;
- color perception;
Where can I get a template?
First of all, you should think about what will happendepicted on plasticine mosaic. Drawing templates can be hand-drawn, bought at a craft store, or printed on a printer. They can be any suitable images, even from children's coloring books. To begin with, the child should be offered something simple.
What will we sculpt? Cloudberries
Here it is proposed to make a small panel on the theme of "Cloudberry".
The whole plant and its berries are called cloudberries. The northerners called them royal. Cloudberries also have other names:
- swamp guardian;
- marsh amber;
- bog eyes;
- arctic orange;
- northern raspberry.
Cloudberries have only 2-3 leaves and 1 white flower with five petals. Its fruit looks like a raspberry. Such a fruit, a stone fruit, is very convenient to depict with the help of separate small particles.
Before starting work, we will prepare a sheet of cardboard or paper and draw a diagram of the future composition.
Preparation for work
To create a plasticine mosaic, we need:
- A lid from a package (can) of some dairy product: mayonnaise, ice cream, cottage cheese (if only it was clean and without stickers).
- Plasticine. Here, the choice of the creator cannot be limited by anything, since the trading network today shines with a variety of goods for crafts.
- There are 2 options for this item:
- We create a plasticine mosaic using a stencil made in advance from cardboard or paper. If the lid is transparent enough, the paper with the template can be attached with tape on the back side.
- On an opaque basis with a marker, apply a sketch of a self-developed drawing.
In this case, the cloudberry image will be transferred to the base cap.
Plasticine mosaic. Modeling
A fairly complex plot has been chosen, so it is better to have a picture in front of you, on the basis of which it is developed. If this is “creativity from the head”, you should still first depict it in color and put it in front of you. This will help in the work.
- First, let's stick a lot of small green balls. The smallest lay out the outline of the plant.
- Filling the background with larger balls. Leave the rim intact, it will be a different color.
- Light green lumps lay out the entire edge of the sheet and the veins on it. To keep the plasticine mosaic on the basis, the details, of course, need to be pressed, but only very lightly so as not to wrinkle.
- From the darkest shade of green we roll up plasticine blanks. We fill the remaining space of the sheet with them.
- Take ocher, terracotta and brown plasticine. With their help, we will create the legs of a flower and a berry:lay them with small balls.
- We make cloudberries with orange and red peas. A little trick: for greater naturalness, plasticine can be mixed one into the other.
- Spread the flower petals with pellets of white plasticine. When depicting particularly shaded places, you can add gray, but only very tiny grains and very little.
- Fill the rim ring with yellow, white and orange balls.
The panel is ready!
Precautions for Plasticine Handling
Here is such a beautiful cloudberry turned out: just pulls to pick it and eat it. But such a fate does not threaten this work, since it is still intended for older authors. Such painstaking and delicate work is beyond the power of kids.
But patterns and techniques can be developed even for the very young. And they are engaged in plasticine mosaics with no less pleasure and diligence than the elders. Before starting work with a child, it is advisable to have a conversation about the rules for working with plasticine: this material cannot be eaten, it is hard to rub off surfaces and wash off clothes. It is important to teach your child to be careful while working.