- Bracelet "Buds"
- How it's done
- Wave bracelet
- Getting Started
- Second layer
- Double-sided bracelet
- First stage
- What's next?
- Finishing work
For anyone who is interested in how to weave a thick rubber band bracelet, the detailed instructions below for making dense, multi-layered jewelry from the famous Fanny Lum rubber bands will definitely come in handy. If you wish, you can always take any of the described methods of weaving and develop your own line of hand-made jewelry based on it.
Needlewomen and craftsmen will most likely be interested in learning how to weave very thick rubber band bracelets and at the same time make them very beautiful, stylish and fashionable. As you know, flowers never go out of trend - try to make an amazing chain of large round buds with your own hands. This jewelry can be worn as a bracelet, and as beads, and even as a belt.
To create a delightful bud chain, you will need green and red Fanny Lum rubber bands, a clip, a hook and a small Finger Lum loom.
How it's done
- Throw two green rubber bands on two opposite columns, twisting them into a figure eight.
- From above, throw two red "irises" in pairs on adjacent columns.
- Drop the green rubber bands into the center of the Finger Lum machine.
- Put the green rubber band over all four pegs without twisting.
- Put all red rubber bands in the center.
- Throw, without twisting, one more green "iris" on all four columns.
- Pull the bottom green rubber bands to the center.
- To finish, drop the green loops over two posts and secure the chain with a clip.
If you want to learn how to weave a thick rubber band bracelet in such a way that the buds get bigger and bigger with each step, repeat the second step three times, throwing in different colored rubber bands and dropping the lower "irises" into the center.
This decoration consists of two multi-colored layers. The presented instructions will help you to understand the stages of its manufacture.
How to weave thick rubber band bracelets if you haven't purchased any loom yet? Oddly enough, you don't even need a loom to make most spectacular jewelry from elastic "irises" - all you need is a good hook.
So, for the summer bracelet "Wave" you will need black, orange, yellow and light pink rubber bands,as well as a clip and, of course, a hook.
- Throw a black rubber band on the hook, twisting it with a figure eight. Pick up two more black "Fanny Lum" with the tool.
- Drop all loops from hook on them. Loops from the finger also put on the hook.
- Pick up two more black "irises" with the tool, drop the loops on them, but now leave the rings formed on the finger.
- Throw three yellow rubber bands on the hook.
- Slip loops from finger to hook.
- Repeat the previous steps until you get the desired length of decoration. Pass the clip through the black loops on the hook, then remove them from the tool.
If you already know how to weave a thick rubber band bracelet (the scheme of two-layer jewelry, by the way, is quite simple), then you probably already guess that the first stage of making jewelry was just the creation of a primary workpiece. Now you can begin to complete the bracelet.
- Turn over the resulting workpiece and throw the first double black loops on the hook.
- Throw three yellow rubber bands from the blank on the hook and twist them into a figure eight.
- Pick up two black "Fanny Lum" with the tool.
- Drop all the rings from the hook onto them, then put on the loops taken from the finger.
- Repeat the previous steps until the end of the workpiece.
- Drop two double loops onto your finger by pulling one throughanother. Pass the clip through the resulting loop.
How to weave a thick rubber band bracelet if you want to make it not just two layers, but two front sides? Very simple - follow the instructions of enthusiastic needlewomen, and you will definitely succeed.
To make a double-sided jewelry, take white and multi-colored rubber bands, a clip and an ordinary hook.
- Throw a blue elastic band over the hook, twisting it into a figure eight. Pick up two lilac "Fanny Lum" with the tool.
- Drop all loops off the hook on them, then pick up two purple rubber bands again.
- Slip off all loops without dropping the ring from your finger. Throw white "Fanny Lum" on the hook.
- Move the rubber band from your finger to the hook. Hook two yellow irises.
- Drop all the loops off the hook on them without taking off the ring from the finger. Put a white "Fanny Lum" on the instrument. Throw off the rubber band from your finger on the hook. Repeat the previous steps until you get the desired chain length.
Those who are interested in how to weave a thick rubber band bracelet will be curious to know that the creation of such an ornament consists of not one or even two, but three full-fledged stages. So:
- Basic braid six blue rubber bands.
- Throw a white elastic band from the resulting blank on the hook.
- Pick upinstrument two blue "Fanny Lum". Drop all loops on them, then repeat all previous steps.
- Throw a white rubber band from the blank on the hook. Hook two yellow irises.
- Drop all loops off the hook on them and continue weaving in the same way to the end of the workpiece, each time changing the color of the rubber bands.
- Fix loose loops with clips.
The second side of such a bracelet is woven according to the same principle as the second layer in the decoration called "Wave". As soon as you process the entire workpiece, it remains to remove the clips, drop the free loops from the hook, weave five blue rubber bands with the base chain and fasten the main clip.
Now you know how to weave thick rubber band bracelets. The photo will help you navigate how the finished products should look like, made from the popular "Fanny Lum".