Table of contents:
- Tips on how to sew a cardigan with your own hands without a pattern quickly
- Features of sewing a cardigan
- How to sew a cardigan with your own hands without a pattern quickly? Description of technique
- Do-it-yourself cardigan from a scarf
If you are thinking of sewing a cardigan with your own hands without a pattern, the instructions and tips below will help you quickly make a stylish product. In work, it is best to use knitwear. It does not wrinkle, stretches beautifully and will warm you on cold evenings.
Tips on how to sew a cardigan with your own hands without a pattern quickly
There are many interesting and stylish styles of cardigans, but for beginners it is best to opt for something simpler that does not require building a complex pattern. For this occasion, you can choose loose outerwear with a belt, which is sewn from knitted fabric or a wide shawl. If you do not know how to sew a cardigan with your own hands without a pattern quickly, the photos and instructions below will help you with this.
For starters, you can try your hand at making outerwear that lacks shoulder seams. The main thing is to choose the right style and cut method. For tailoring, it is recommended to use jackets.draped fabrics. Knitted or knitted fabric will look great.
Features of sewing a cardigan
Starting to sew a cardigan, you need to familiarize yourself with some of the features of this garment, they will greatly facilitate future work:
- since the product is worn in the cold season, it is better to sew it looser so that it can be easily worn over a warm sweater;
- most often cardigans are sewn from knitted fabrics, products from denser fabrics intended for sewing coats are much less common;
- knitwear tends to stretch, so when sewing a product, it is best to use a zigzag seam;
- before use, the fabric must be washed and ironed;
- if you choose knitwear with a larger knit for making outerwear, then you can quickly sew a cardigan with your own hands without a pattern without the help of a sewing machine.
How to sew a cardigan with your own hands without a pattern quickly? Description of technique
If you choose a material whose edges do not crumble, then you can make a cardigan even faster. For sizes 42-46, you will need a piece of fabric, the width of which will be about 160 cm. With the length of the product, everyone will decide for himself, since everything here depends on the desired result.
A piece of fabric is folded in half. From the top down, measure 15-16 cm, and to the middle from the free edge - 20 cm. From the point of intersection of these lines, it is necessary to make a cut down by 15 cm - these will bearmholes.
For the manufacture of sleeves, you will need two identical parts of a rectangular shape measuring 70 by 30 cm. They are sewn along the long edge and attached to the armhole.
Do-it-yourself cardigan from a scarf
To make such a product, you will need a piece of fabric about 2 m long and about 70 cm wide. If you use a scarf with the right size when sewing, then outerwear of this kind can be worn on both sides. In this case, it is also better to use a fabric whose edges do not fray.
Step by step instructions:
- matter is folded into 4 layers;
- in the corner you need to draw and cut a neck (its width is about 10 cm);
- next, unfold one layer of fabric, then cut the front of the product in half;
- you should get two shelves, the neck on them needs to be slightly lengthened;
- the cut edge must be treated with braid, for these purposes you can use leather or leatherette;
- after that, from the top edge, the product is stitched to the bottom with an overlap, stepping back from the top edge about 25 cm (on the armhole).
If you want to sew a cardigan with your own hands quickly, then make an effort and spend quite a bit of time, and you will succeed. You can get a warm new thing in just a few hours. It looks spectacular, and it is quite simple to perform it. Having mastered easier manufacturing methods, it will be possible tomove on to complex ways of sewing various products. Voluminous cardigans will be successfully combined with a short dress. You can cover your legs with trousers tapered to the bottom.