- Difficulties in pattern making
- Required tools
- Stand Collar
- Collar Collar
- Detachable collar
- How to sew a collar?
- Collarless coat pattern
Every girl wants to look great, but the prices for fashionable clothes have been biting lately. Modern women of fashion master sewing skills. With the help of fantasy and a sewing machine, they create real masterpieces. You can, of course, find and print ready-made patterns, but clothes sewn individually will fit much better. Recently, a variety of collars have come into fashion, they are present on any clothes and look very stylish.
Difficulties in pattern making
Girls are taught how to sew dresses and make patterns for them in almost every school, so any needlewoman can remember how to create a dress, trousers or skirt. But with the collar pattern, problems may arise. There are too many types of this product, and all of them simply could not fit into the school curriculum. Needlewomen, who have long been passionate about sewing, of course, know how to cut out any item of clothing, but there are not very many such girls. Do not be afraid to try to sew complex elements. Every girl is able to cut a beautiful collar on her own, it just takes a little effort.
Allbegins with the choice of tools for the collar pattern. In this case you will need:
- Paper from which the collar pattern will be cut. If you plan to use it further as a basis for creativity, then it is best to choose a durable material, for example, a small piece of whatman paper or cardboard.
- Measurement tape to get measurements or ready sizes.
After all the tools are ready, you can get to work.
A pattern is needed when sewing men's shirts, women's blouses or dresses. It is built with a fold, as it is calculated only for half the volume.
Progress of pattern making:
- First, a rectangle OVV3V2 is built, where the line OB is a fold. The height of the collar depends on the design decision of the future product.
- Next, one centimeter should be set aside from the extreme points (B3, B2).
- Find the middle of the long segments and draw through the resulting points using the line pattern to points B and O.
The stand-up collar pattern is ready. This is one of the simplest types of collars, any girl can handle the construction of his drawing.
The most popular, interesting and easy to make collar. There are several ways to construct a collar-collar pattern. For starters, consider the easiest way. Wholethe process is reduced to one action. A rectangle is cut out, the length of which corresponds to the length of the neck of the product. Cutting is always done on an oblique.
There is a huge variety of such collars: some of them are sewn to the product, some are cut out with a blouse or dress. The possibilities of constructing collar-collar patterns are limited only by the imagination of the needlewoman. The classic collar will look great with both an evening dress and a casual blouse.
Removable collar is able to complement the image and add the missing "flavor" to the outfit. Its peculiarity lies in the absence of the need to attach this accessory to the product. The collar can be worn over clothes or serve as an independent decoration, like a pendant.
In the manufacture of this model, you will have to be extremely careful, because there is a very delicate work that does not tolerate mistakes. First you need to choose the fabric for the collar, the width of the seam allowances will depend on this. A detachable collar pattern does not require precision, it does not have to fit perfectly with a dress or blouse. Coming up with the shape of such a product, you can give free rein to your imagination or copy a ready-made idea and only make some changes.
Very often collars are embroidered with beads. To do this, they should be cut out of felt, this material behaves well when sewing on jewelry. If the idea involves only partial decoration of the product, then the front side of thin fabric should bestrengthen with several layers of interlining, embroider according to the idea with beads and only after that connect it to the wrong side of the collar.
How to sew a collar?
All patterns of collars for dresses (except for the detachable version) are cut out exactly for the finished product. The process of attaching a collar is the final sewing process and can ruin painstaking work. To prevent this from happening, it is best to use running stitches. This measure will allow you to control the movement of the fabric while working on the machine.
First, the upper side of the collar is attached to the neck, the seams are carefully ironed and the final stitch is started. It runs exactly along the junction of the upper part of the collar and the wrong side of the product. Stitches should be made small, you will have to work slowly, constantly adjusting the fabric and pushing it apart with your hands.
Collarless coat pattern
Fashion is rapidly striding forward, and now no one can be surprised with a collarless summer coat. This piece of clothing will help keep you warm on a chilly day, and at the same time will look very stylish even in the middle of summer, and not just in early autumn or late spring.
To build a collarless coat pattern, use the basic basis for the dress. It should be in the arsenal of every girl who is passionate about sewing. The modeling process itself is not very complicated:
- Keep the shoulder seams comfortable. If the pattern is tested and refined, thenthere will be no problems with it, but if you use the basic framework for the first time, some corrections may be needed.
- Alignment of shoulder lines. They must match on the front and back halves of the product.
- Will have to widen the armhole as the coat fabric is thicker than suit fabric. To do this, a new line is indicated under the armhole a couple of centimeters below the previous one.
- Expand pattern. 1 cm front and back, 2 cm armhole.
- Reducing the depth of the neckline on the back by about a centimeter.
- The neck of the shelf is increased by 3 cm.
- The side lines of the coat should extend 10 cm to the bottom, and not be straight.
- Simulation of the sleeves of the future coat.
After that, you can start cutting and sewing a coat. In the process of sewing, the product must be tried on and all defects eliminated as soon as possible. The processing of the neck is most often done with the help of a coquette. This edging option avoids unnecessary seams, the neckline is soft and does not irritate the skin.
Sewing is a lot easier than it sounds, and don't be afraid to try a small collar or an entire coat. A girl who knows how to sew will always be fashionably dressed. This motivates many ladies to master the sewing machine and design new items of clothing.