Table of contents:
- Chess game structure
- About debut
- Opening principles
- The best beginnings of chess games. For White
- The best beginnings of chess games. For Black
Starting a chess game - easy or hard? How can you start? Is there a principle or "formula for success"? In this article, we will try to help you deal with these issues and advise the most common schemes. We hope this article will guide you into the world of chess and help you learn the truth of this game.
Chess game structure
Chess is an intellectual game. It has a beginning, middle and end. Let's look at each element of a chess game:
- The end of the game is called the endgame. This is an "optional stage" of each game, but most often it is there that the advantage gained during the entire game is finally realized: more harmonious development, the advantage of two bishops, an extra pawn or an exchange, etc.
- The middle game is the middle game. The amount of fear received at the very first glance at the word is directly proportional to the complexity of the game in a given period of the game. In the middle game, the choice begins: attack the opponent's king or play positionally. Certainly,the answer to the dilemma comes from an assessment of the position, its possibilities.
- What is the name of the beginning of a chess game? The answer is simple - debut. It is in it that the possibility of a "middlegame choice" is decided, because there is always the possibility that your opponent, and not you, will set the pace of the game.
The beginning of a chess game can play out in different ways. It depends on various factors, which we will now discuss. In the future, this information will be useful for finding a new repertoire for you. So, let's look at the types of openings:
- The name "beginning" depends on White's first move. For example: start 1.е4, start 1.g3, etc.
- The name "opening" comes from White's second move: "Retty Opening" - 1.kf3-d5 2.g3, "Nimzowitsch Opening" - 1.kf3-d5 2.b3 etc.
- The name "party" comes from White's third move: "Scottish game", "Russian game".
- The name "Defense" should not be associated with dependence on the move number, but depends on Black's ideological concept: "Sicilian", "Dutch", "French Defense", etc.
- The name "gambit" unites all opening formations in which a pawn or piece is sacrificed positionally on the first moves without immediate winning back: "Evans' gambit", "King's gambit", etc.
It's time for the "Formula of Success". Actually there is no "almighty" debut,thanks to which you can win in, say, 4 moves (if your opponent is not weak enough to miss the "Children's Checkmate").
There are certain rules for an optimal development plan at the beginning of a chess game, suitable for all opening schemes, and which every self-respecting chess player must follow:
- Capture the center. The rule means "take control of the center of the board". This can happen both actually (putting a pawn in the center) and indirectly ("keep an eye on this square", move a piece or pawns so that they attack these squares).
- Display light figures. This is logical: the more warriors in the attack, the stronger the attack of the army, its mobility.
- Do not move the same piece twice at the beginning of the game. Chess is also called the "tragedy of tempo", it is impractical to waste time on meaningless exits of pieces and contradict rule 2.
- Castling. As you know, the main goal in a chess game is to checkmate the king. By castling, the king becomes, in a way, under protection, it is not so easy to reach him.
- Bring out the queen, i.e. connect the rooks. At this stage, roughly speaking, the stage of the beginning of a chess game ends. The last heavy pieces enter the fight and the real battle begins.
The best beginnings of chess games. For White
Firstly, in this case it is a synonym for the opening, not a kind of opening.
Secondly, I would like to remind you that there is no "omnipotent" beginning of chess games. And if you learn some system of options, it does not mean thatautomatically become a winner. As we have already seen, a chess game is not an opening, it has other parts as well (middlegame and endgame). You must harmoniously develop your skills in all areas of chess. Only then can you make strong progress.
How to start a chess game?
For a beginner, it is most often advised to play 1.e4 followed by a choice on 1…-e5 between the "Italian" (photo 1) or "Spanish" (photo 2) games.
More advanced players should learn chess beginnings depending on their nature of play. For example, active players can try to play gambit systems by positional choice on 1.d4 or 1.c4.
The best beginnings of chess games. For Black
For Black, in turn, it is advised to start with 1….-е5 against 1.е4. And further continuation depends on the choice of White's opening.
Of course, professional players need to expand their opening database. And this also needs to be done thoughtfully. Choose opening formations according to your style. An example is the comparison of the "Sicilian Defense" (1….-с5), suitable for attacking players, and the "Caro-Kann" Defense (1….-с4), with the opposite nature of positions.
And the difference of the first move is only one cell!
Summarize. We talked about the structure of a chess game, reported ontypes of openings, explained the principles of the beginning of the game, singled out the most common constructions and systems of the opening. We directed you on this path, pushed you to the desire to study chess. Therefore, we wish you success, patience and good luck in your chess career!